PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Air Mishaps Averted In Lagos And Abuja
Old 27th Jan 2009, 08:10
LongJohnThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unstable load,
Never once in my response did i mention anything racial!
You seem to forget that the word Expat sometimes includes Blacks from all over the world!!!
You have taken the pain to spout out a whole load of stuff that has nothing entirely to do with the point being raised here.
This thread started with British Airways and how they kept Pax in the Airplane on ground for hours on end.
I will start by reminding you that the failures of the Nigerian Government has nothing to do with the advancement of aviation generally in Nigeria, neither can you expect us here, mainly Pilots and engineers to fix what maybe the socio-economic problems Nigeria may have.
There are appropriate sites where all your bickering about Nigeria and it's style of government can be challenged or criticized!
This is not one of them!
There are also appropriate sites for racial comments, and as you can see, this STILL is not one of such!!
I implore you to take time to think before you go on a long Auto-biography about who you are and how you were brought up, this certainly does not solve the problems of British Airways!!
Like mkenya has said, there are ways that could have been averted, but very much like BA, they seem to think they are much smarter than everyone else!!!
I must again, reiterate the fact that Expats were never blamed by me for anything; I merely pointed out the fact that they are been paid to do a job, and thats what they do, period!
If the government did not meet their side of any bargain, i am sure they (The Expats) would be on the next flight out of the country.
In your whole write up, apart from wasting the time of our readers, I cannot find one valid point concerning BA??!!!!!
Not once did i use the term 'white man'!! The mention of colonials was directed specifically at Flightsimman who jumped whole-heartedly to the support of BA not bothering to comment on the problem that was cited.
British Airways continuously, disrespects the rights of Nigerians on board their airplanes, the service is crap, and the cabin crew untrained in customer relations!!
You do not treat a high paying customer like you are doing him/her a favour! That was simply my point! And if the crew do not wish to continue doing Lagos flights, they should be my guest! It's not i who'll be out of a job!!!
It amazes me how quick a lot of you are to castigate Nigeria and Nigerians.
I once thought this site was primarily for professionals who would come together to share ''professional views'' compare notes, and seek solutions to existing problems??!!
I see i must have thought wrong! All that ever happens, is at the mention of the word Nigeria, your types go off on a tangent, ignoring what the problem is, and getting into the political side of things existent in Nigeria.
British Airways has a fundamental problem with Nigeria and Nigerians! It is my take that if Nigeria and Nigerians make them so uncomfortable, they are free to pack their bags and leave that route!!!!
Stick to the points here man!!!!
I assume that you have some understanding of what i have said.
It's written in English!!