PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2009, 05:39
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you ozangel but already onto that one! Yes we realise its an annualised lump sum with our salary, and at the roadshow I brought this up. Their answer was "Because when Virgin Blue first started the airline didn't have overnights (BNE-SYD-BNE was the first route) and its something that has remained and will remain in the EBA like it always has".

In fact, if the offer of about $3 per hour DTA was correct, thats about what you already get (from memory), so in effect, all they are doing is removing your overnight allowance. You are getting robbed!
It will NOT be removed as I asked this exact question at the roadshow. So if we did get DTA, the annualised lump sum will stay, and we will get a further $3 - $3.30 for every hour worked as well. Although a drop in $$$, its not a total loss, as I believe that's what you were referring to with your statement?

Has anyone considered the other aspects like uniform and grooming allowance? What about all those other little allowances currently being paid, that they stand to just wipe out without being specific on the matter.
Haven't heard about these being cut out at all?