PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: PNG CAA Air Safety: ABC Foreign Correspondent
Old 26th Jan 2009, 10:11
Checklist Charlie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Back during a period that causes raised blood pressures and acrimonious diatribes from both sides, I was working in the operations areas of one of the major airlines. Each day it was part of my job to report the airlines previous days activities, flights, pax carried etc to a DoT man with the same name as the above mentioned "Savior" (sic). It became quite apparent to me that he was actually orchestrating the governments role in the happening dispute. He was actually the 'puppet master' pulling the strings and deserves to be regarded with equal disdain as is the 'silver bodgie'.

If the "Savior" is involved in the ICAO Audit of the PNG CAA then I perceive a serious conflict of interest is involved.

The "Savior" is also the headhunter engaged by the PNG CAA to locate candidates for various senior positions withing that organisation (see RD Collins & Associates | Recruitment - Positions Vacant | Aviation consultants, executive coaching)

I do not believe the same organisation can both audt and act as a contrator for the PNG CAA. A blatant conflict of interest.

Perhaps Mr Kintau would care to comment or perhaps take advice from a large heli operator on what to say.