PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2009, 02:09
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return trips...

Hey guys, with regard to Q flying... aside from the point made earlier re: aircraft type and speed...

There's MEL returns done out of PER, I'm pretty sure these patterns have a dispensation, if I had the papers with me I could give the exact details. I was however told that a lot of the trips done as returns out of PER are not legal the other way (perhaps due to headwinds making flights longer??)

There's a few times I've seen crew doing SYD-PER-SYD but they deadhead over and operate back or vice versa... probably a condition of doing that particular trip... however I have once or twice done a PER-SYD -PER which is a back of the clock trip.

I heard that you guys (DJ) can't do a coast-to-coast return in the one day, only ADL-PER-ADL, is this the case? If so be very very glad, coast to coast is an absolute killer especially when we are talking midnight to 8am type hours!

I too have heard that a Perth base for DJ is a certainty, just not an exact date. It was meant to be Feb this year once the pilots were up and running (so I was told) but I can see with the flying reducing in WA why it might have been put off for awhile.