PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Air Mishaps Averted In Lagos And Abuja
Old 26th Jan 2009, 01:36
Flightsimman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the problem was internal, but read the facts in the article (there always seems to be a problem with facilities in Nigeria)!

"" She continued: Why does the BA have to treat the passengers like animals, keeping them for a clear six hours in the aircraft? As I am talking to you, they are still on board, hungry, tired and uncertain of their fate; and without any notification on when their ordeal would be over". She stressed: "Why would they treat the passengers in such a cruel manner. Can they do that to their own citizens? They can only do that to Nigerians".
But BA officials claimed that they had indeed appealed to the understanding of the passengers, and were working on how to sort them out. They delay, they said was caused by the fact that they did not have operation staff on the ground in Kano, and had to deploy experts from Abuja at about 7pm, who had to travel for at least four hours to get to the Kano airport.
Said the statement from the BA Pr consultants, "It is a five hour drive for engineers based in Abuja to reach Kano to inspect the aircraft"

By the way I got to Lagos with SAA !!