PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadet Gliding pix in the 80s (pre glass)
Old 26th Jan 2009, 00:55
621andy

Location: Either somewhere in the 3rd world, the land of cheese and wine, or possibly very occasionally, at home.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyesfront- You'll be amazed to know Brian House is still flying! Retired from his life as a vet, but last I heard, still going strong

John Stride was a really really nice chap 100% committed to ATC gliding, and an excellent Instructor. He was the senior gentleman on sundays for what seemed like hundreds of years! A bit supersticious(?), He would never talk about mishaps and accidents until the hangar doors were laced up(!), but then he had some stories
His son Andy, became a good mate of mine, and was also a G1 with me, before leaving to join the RAF. Had some great nights out with him too! A very good pilot as well! Anyone know his whereabouts?

As to 308, those numbers appear in my logbook many times

It's very frustrating sitting here without my photo albums and logbooks...can't wait to get home in month or so Though the next problem will be buying a negative/print scanner without breaking the bank, oh, and finding the time to scan them all