PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BO 105 - Good, Bad or just Ugly?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2002, 20:28
tecpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Helidrvr is right. Since several years, i am on the way with such ships. It`s my favourite under a lot of helos. Why? Best of all, compact, a direct control and a really good view for the pilot. To fly like a sportscar. Proven a/c, no surprises. The question is, for what kind of operations, do you want to use it. Isnīt the long liner, no single pilot ifr, forget hot īn high. Good small ambulance ship, good for observations (2-3 crew,FLIR+aux. fuel tanks) and night trips (incl. NVG). I also recommend the CB"s" stretched variant. The CBS-5 (Super Five) are recommended for elevated helipad (CAT A) or offshore ops. (improved OEI limits due to other blades & improved m/r gearbox). The BO 105 "LS" with Allison 250 C28 for hot`n high (only 10-20 ships are built).
A lot of additionally stuff is available for really all kind of ops. Underpowered- yes, with MTOW (2,5 tons). Good to fly below 2,3 tons. Empty weight aprox. 1300-1400 kg. In europe a lot of ships + spare parts for sale. Very cheap to get (below some singles). Maintenance isn`t so cheap. The frame needs some special tools + hyd. ground unit. The engines (CB variant) also used on AS355F, A 109, BH 206, MD 500...