PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 25th Jan 2009, 20:57
hughesyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never a true word spoken, and i am halfway through a modular route i might add!!.

WWW in a previous thread summed it up for me with the perfect description, describing the intergrated route at the moment as "zombie like". To be fair, who can blame them, if they have the means and the "dream" still in place, its hard to go against everything you have wanted all your life. Even the well experienced guys on here must remember the days when they were first starting out and dreamed of flying the big jets. Granted things were very different then, but the dream doesnt change.

But changed it has, and as painful as it is to be realistic, that we must be, and weigh up the cost of throwing away good money over bad, in a hope of that dream jet job , earning big money and living the life of the guy in the recent Virgin Add!!.

Joking aside, i have about 3 weeks to make the decision whether to carry on with the modular route, or forget aviation entirely and carry on in M and E engineering. But like everything else, thats Boll££%xed as well!!. i think im more inclined to think about moving countries at the moment!!.

strap yourselves in, its gonna be one hell of a ride!!!