PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2009, 09:11
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks airtags... I totally forgot about the liferaft situation and the flying limitations it involves, so perhaps that is a major reason too... good pickup.

As for us saving money for management's mistakes, (V Australia), I understand we have to do our part to help out, and some mistakes are not entirely their fault. But this should be about compromise and negotiation. To me it feels like a presentation. But I will be upset if the current options for the EBA will be offered to vote for, because as you can read, these are just some examples of how much worse off we'll be. Airtags, they can gloss it up with talks, cds, surveys and powerpoint presentations but at the end of it all I for one still see right through it to the nitty gritty details.

As for the bullying, its true. At the roadshows they tell us if we vote no, they can simply get the EBA they want voted in anyway as they can use the excuse we're holding them back (through the current laws I think).

Having said this, and with the understanding we have to do a little bit from our part, the following is a good compromise I think. Anyone else agree or disagree?
  • Increase daily limit to 10 hours
  • DTA of $4-$5 or keep flat rate of $98
  • 2-3% pay increase
  • Newer entry crew lower salary < 5 years
  • 28 day rosters to 130-140 hours maximum
  • Month long line of reserves
  • Rates for reserves/availables for every hour worked outside your reserve period.
As for overnights DJCCGUY, isn't it wierd how we both get told different things at different roadshows? We're told they WON'T be putting bases everywhere - Perth and Adelaide are it at most?

Its my understanding the F.A.A.A. is having a meeting on February 10 with Virgin Blue.
GET CRACKING F.A.A.A.
Otherwise for years I don't know what I've been paying unions fees for.