PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2002, 14:50
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst case scenario?

Actually Magplug, I'm not really sure that is the worst case scenario.

I don't want to move up north. But if I absolutely positively have to fly out of MAN or BHX then so be it. The company can relocate myself, Mrs & Miss Pit Bull and we'll move up there and get on with it.

Trouble is, one of the more feasable sounding rumours floating around is that the company doesn't want to cough up to relocate anyone, they'd rather we positioned (by a/c to Man, by bus to BHX) and then live out of a hotel for 6 days, repeat ad infinitum, or for a year or two until BACE crew trained up or whatever. So from (1 year ago) being in a job where I was away from home for single nights at worst, Myself and family can look forward to a lot of time apart.

Now doubtless many are thinking a year or two isn't that long, pitbulls got lots of time left in BA to rake in the goodies later on. I.E. "Jam Tomorrow". Thats not how I see it. I've been flying for 19 years, I reckon I'm due for some jam today. And 2 years is a long time when miss pitbull is only 2.

Management had better realise there is some deep anger building in the ex-CFE community. We accepted a lot of stuff during the integration with a feeling of inevitability. Now we are being asked to take a lot more. Managements attitude seems to be that we've taken it before, we'll take it again. Presumably they have forgotten about the proverbial straw and the camels back. Only in this case its not so much of a straw as a lorry load of Iron Girders dropped from a great height.

Its even reached the stage of graffitti threatening physical harm to a certain manager. Whilst I would never condone physical violence in labour relations, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if somebody loses their rag and plants one on him.

For myself, if push comes to shove, BA had best appreciate that if they force me to choose between my family and my job, BA will lose in a heartbeat.

CPB