PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2009, 07:23
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes red hat, I know about DTA (I've flown before with this). Thank you for your in-sight. Proposed DTA $3-$3.30. Current agreement: Flat rate of $98 for every night away when you do not return before 2am (so for a red-eye from Perth or Darwin, you will receive another payment of $98 as you finish past 2am. At $3 DTA per hour, 24 hours is $72. But yes, with trips it can be more than our current $98, but you lose when doing certain shifts. You ONLY GAIN THROUGH THIS when you start early in your home port, and finish late in your home port - in other words, through this DISGUISE, making us work HARDER for similar pay (you need to be away longer from home to come ahead. As I said, the calculations of crew at the roadshows are of THEIR ROSTERS over 3 months, and are likely to be calculated from long TRIPS hence of course DTA would be better, but not when you have other shifts as you don't just come ahead. Not only are they trying to make it harder for us to earn a buck by doing this through our hours but also through payments such as DTA. See how this is not better for payments currently? Have I lost anyone in this?!? Think about it.

For those that are getting conned, LOOK:

I took these two trips at random from my February roster (a calculation to prove my point and they work in the favour of $98 flat rate).

Example 1. I have a 3 day trip, signing on at 1030 day one, finishing at 1830 day three.

option1: flat rate $98 = 2x$98 = $196

option2: $3 DTA = 56 total hours = $168
$3.30 DTA = 56 total hours = $184.80

Example 2. I have a 4 day trip, signing on at 0605 day one, finishing at 1145 day four.

option1: flat rate $98 = 3x$98 = $294

option2: $3 DTA = 70.40 total hours = $211
$3.30 DTA = 70.40 total hours = $232

STILL NOT CONVINCED??? WATCH THIS:
for the BEST BEST BEST case scenario, lets say we started a 4 day trip trip. signing on at 0100 day one, returning at 2300 day four.
Thats a total of 95 hours DTA. (day 1 23hrs, day 2 24hrs, day 3 24hrs, day 4 23hrs). YOU CANNOT get a trip BIGGER than this. Ready for it? Here it comes...

option1: flat rate $98 = 3x$98 = $294

option2: $3 DTA = 95 total hours = $285 - (close, but no cigar)
$3.30 DTA = 95 total hours = $313.50 (better, but not by much)

THE PROOF IS HERE!!! Yes your're better OFF, but not by much and only by unrealistic trips. DO NOT listen to people telling you their calculations are good. Write these figures down and bring it up.

Even with the highest proposal, $3.30, its still likely not going to work, unless, as I said, you start EARLY and finish LATE (more hours away). In other words, working away more for same pay. My point is done. Do your own maths on your own trips guys.

Let's talk DAY TRIPS. On the other hand, for a day trip of, let's say 8 hours, that's around $24 DTA which is great news! However, through using DTA losses throughout your trips, you will lose money by the end of the month. DTA only benefits those who bid for full or mostly day trip rosters.

I DO NOT APPRECIATE CREW EBA DELAGATES WHO ARE TELLING ME AT ROADSHOWS I AM BETTER OFF WHEN CLEARLY I AM NOT, AND I'VE HONESTLY CHOSEN TWO RANDOM TRIPS. The company's laughing at you.

Also red hat, yes minimum rest in a home port is 15 hours currently. With 10 days off a month.

MY IDEA TO MANAGEMENT:

Since these are difficult times for the airline, negotiations should be give and take and negotiated.

Keep all the same but:
  • Increase daily limit to 10 hours
  • DTA of $4-$5 or keep flat rate of $98
  • 2-3% pay increase
  • Newer entry crew lower salary < 5 years
  • 28 day rosters to 130-140 hours maximum
  • Rates for reserves/availables for every hour worked outside your reserve period.
This proposal has more efficiency and savings meanwhile isn't too much of a change for crew.

That'll proabably get a few yes votes, and its a bit of give and take from both parts WITH savings. Anyone got any more suggestions? I understand we have to help the airline but from what I can see enough is enough. We all work SO HARD as it is.