PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2002, 13:05
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good defence Hand. Correct me if I'm wrong, however, but don't BAR/BACE already have 100+ seater aircraft in the form of 146's. Therefore it's a bit late in the day to start SCOPE clauses. The RJ has no place in London but it does in the regions. I don't want to fly in the regions under any contract. No offence, boys but my life is here. So, scope or no scope those 150 jobs are still going to stay in LGW/LHR and other people higher up the seniority list than us are still going to have their nose put out of joint because some of us will be directed to LHR. Which, my cynical self tells me has a lot to do with it.

All this to-ing and fro-ing serves little purpose because if LGW hasn't managed to secure parity with LHR in ten years then you are living in a dreamworld if you think BA will ever acceed to your outrageous (even if noble!) demands over 16 RJ's.

As WK and others have said, nothing re commands has been finalised and I have to say to Magplug and others who commented confidently that we would all lose our commands "Of course! " it's a poxy way to treat us.

WHY?

Well let's look at the case history shall we. CFE were offered a number of routes before the merger and all hell broke lose using phrases not unlike the ones used here. The BA Knights were out in force defending T&C's in the name of the average pilot. Basically, the argument went something like this:

"CFE aircraft/pilots should not do BA routes because it takes away jobs from BA pilots and it wears away T&C's blah, blah, blahdy blah." Fine, so where do you now stand when Captains and SFO's say that if BA are going to use other aircraft to do routes previously flown by CFE we should keep our commands and to a certain extent the prospects for them (for SFO's). (I'd like to see how good Balpa are at standing their ground on your behalf if all 17 RJ TRI's handed in their sim keys simultaneously unless they were promised commands at the end of all their efforts! Idea for you there WK!....)

Are you telling us that you want your cake and that you want to eat it? OK, I accept that but you have just been exposed as everything you have been called in this thread by outsiders and all this rubbish you are spurting behind your burnished steel helmet, banner in hand atop your high horse is also going to sound rather hollow to our colleagues up north, as it does to me.

In my year at BA I have to say that all my new colleages that I have met in Jubly are sterling chaps but all this talk of unity and calls to arms are tosh and selfishly driven. Personally, I don't care diddly squat anymore (and I did before) how many silver spoon cadets or longserving FO's I displace in BA if I take up a much awaited LH slot or command on a 737 because despite what any of you say; it's every man/woman for themselves, believe me.

I do apologise for the attitude (not) but you people bring it upon yourselves.

Last edited by Secret Squirrel; 16th Apr 2002 at 13:09.