PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 11:40
dublin_eire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but it would appear the guy is currently training for his CPL/IR which kind of gives you some background to his forever optimistic point of view.
PPL actually. Not borrowing any money and do plan on taking my time. I've worked up considerable savings and plan on working up more in the run of things even if that means putting bean tins on shelves.... I'm even going to try getting my hour building for free, fingers crossed....

I was watching that BBC programme last night with Michael Portello and they had a man by the name of Hutton on too who was giving severe warnings. He mentioned the IMF and that if it came to a point where Britain needed help not even the IMF could help because it only has a fund of 500 billion and Britain's debt goes beyond that!!! In the 1976 the IMF helped out Britain with 3 billion. It's not like things haven't been bad in the past. And the funny thing is when things turn around they often turn around as fast as you've seen this downturn. Ireland is an example of that.
Someone mentioned above that Ireland's problem is it is part of the Eurozone but on BBC last night they were saying that it is Britain's disadvantage not being part of the Eurozone. At the moment you're seeing a run on the pound, partly as result of Jim Rogers advice to sell Sterling. You need to join!

I am optimistic. I'm confident this period will pass. 2009 will be tough, probably 2010 for many too, but beyond that I'm hopeful. In Europe we will have the Oylmpics again. That will help London out a lot!