PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 09:45
JohnRayner

Location: Just a bit lower than the point where the falling angel meets the rising ape
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal responsibility will be the watch words of the future
Why? Hasn't been for the last 30 years. At least! And with the shining examples of what happens when you screw up that are our banks, I wouldn't be surprised if large swathes of GB decide that personal responsibility isn't worth the time it takes trying to remember how to spell it.

On the subject of FTO's, you're dead right. Caveat emptor and all that. It's important that those who go to be dazzled by the bright lights and the shiny toys have access to other opinions regarding the nature of flight training, in order to come to a balanced decision. So viva la proon! The place to come to in order to offset the glossy brochure syndrome. I think in the long run, this site will have saved me 40k and quite a lot of marital harmony, for roughly the same outcome. No mean feat!

And in the finest traditions of this thread, might I insert the link below. Love him or hate him, WWW has been saying this for a while, even when many, many others were not!

BBC NEWS | Business | UK in recession as economy slides

Regards

JR