PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 06:15
Atlanta-Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Atlanta747

I would suggest that you read the associated post where comments where made again carefully. Perhaps you will find that a few notes about spending too long in the JED sun apply to crew too, certainly applied to me.

Most ops where very nice to work with, KUL and the original lot in DXB. Unfortunately DXB changed when certain TCAS showed up.
However few in OPS that where in JED during my tenure there changed with their percieved growing power over crews, you really have none, you do realise that don't you.
Comments like " I will have you travel on a train and then plane and then on a car to operare a flight with minimum rest" when one is on an off day. Well it is how you guys put things. It was the could you do us a favour and when you did your favour was never returned and next week you where in the s.hits for refusing to do a flight when you had not had sufficient rest. My beef really was with Blandon from the rock and his cohorts as well as the way with some of the OPS ended up kissing the station managers hide so badly that it really made me sick.

Airport ops guys where all ok as far as I was concerned, felt sorry for them for sitting at the office there all day and covering flights with less than minim crew. Dimitri certainly was good fun. Abbas and others great to work with, splendid job with limited resources. No probs there nor with the loadmasters. I heard Rose left. What a pity, great loadmaster and worked all hours of day never a word of complaint.