PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spicejet--Indian ATPL holders needed
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2009, 00:22
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hiring is two-fold. While expats continue to be hired, the airline has also started the process of command upgrade of all Indian F/O's once they meet the flight time requirements and have their Indian ATPL. A class of 10 or so starts next week. Some of the F/O's have the time but not the Indian ATPL. The DGCA is not currently approving FATA's for them I'm told.
The upgrade candidates will go through ground school, then a sim check before proceeding further. Needless to say, not all will succeed. But in keeping with the DGCA mandate, all WILL be given an opportunity. So the notion that F/O position at Spicejet is a deadend job is not valid. Not too many places where at 2500 hrs you get a chance to upgrade.

Folks, this thread was posted to inform those interested in Spicejet. I am an expat line Capt at Spicejet (been here since early 2007). I am simply reporting what is currently happening at the airline. I am not involved in any hiring decisions or strategic planning. Don't shoot the messenger!

Expats apply to [email protected]. Requirement is B737NG type, current and qualified with high TT and PIC in A/C. DGCA is getting strict with
entry requirements.

Best wishes.