PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 17:52
ShedsRus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair to Gerona

Dicksorchard. witnessed virtually the same thing at EMA a few weeks ago.

BMIBaby flights called for Amsterdam and Paris. Luckily I was on the Amsterdam

Paris flight - Cabin baggage cage placed near gate. Everyone was instructed by the ground operative to put their bags in the cage - the gent in charge told the passengers 'If it don't fit the the bag will be taken from you at the a/c steps and put in the hold'. Strange to say everybodys bag fitted although quite a few passengers just waited 'til the guy was distracted rejoined the queue and were let out no problem. Let me state that all those who 'cheated' had bags only a few centipedes over the cage size - nothing excessive.

However I do get brassed off with the many pax who just take the p*** regarding cabin bags. I've seen them struggling to get holdalls the size of a small car up in the rack. Then the ones that walk past the "only one bag" signs carrying 3 or 4 each the size of a small cabin trunk - one being the computer bag (must be desk top - not laptop), ladies handbag (the size of a skip) and a camera bag (must be one of the old wooden box cameras with tripod attached).

Rant over - apologies but I'm the one sitting quietly with my rucksack (n/e 50x40x20 tucked under the seat in front of me watching the above blocking the loading while they fill all the racks with their 'cabin baggage'.