PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standards of training/english
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 05:59
Robin Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done, and no they're not. We're talking about verbal comms, not letters to the editor. Personally I like to do both as correctly as possible, but each to their own on a forum.

That'll be my last words on the matter unless you want to carry on the debate in a received pronunciation forum somewhere else. I won't dwell on the subject any longer since it adds nothing to the topic of poor verbal comms.

Moving swiftly on then - back to verbal comms.

I'm still a student pilot and agree with all the criticisms above me - after all, if it shocks someone with my lack of experience then something must be up!! However another thing that makes my air time that little bit harder (especially when very low hours) is the amount of quick, garbled and slurred broadcasts (most notably on CTAF) by the more experienced. You get the sense they are boradcasting because they have to; but they're forgetting the importance of the broadcast in the first place. My training airfield shares CTAF with 2 others making the comms very busy. Therefore it doesn't help when all I hear is that someone is heading for my airfield but I don't know where from or what they're aiming for.

In my opinion it's unprofessional, lazy and dangerous.