PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Professional Licensing.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 04:05
smirnovoleg85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see your point,Bucket.I agree that JAA syllabus probably covers more than any other in the world, which is not bad , there cannot be any extra knowledge , every single detail is extremely important , but an attempt to implement it in SA,which is planned to be done in September 2009 , will probably end up in a failure.Why?The answer is very simple.When have you last visited SA?If you look around , you will realize that SA is currently short of qualified instructors ( by qualified instructors I mean people who can still teach you something,regardless of how many thousands hours the've logged) , ground school is mostly self-study type and I just can't see how this transition is possible in such a short period of time.This system has worked here for many years and I was very lucky to be a part of it,had a very nice time and gained important experience.I am not going to stay here any longer,going back to where I belong - europe and will convert my SA CPL to JAA fATPL as many people did before.But that's just the way things should be - there cannot be a unique system which would work in the whole world , it follows different needs and requirements of different countries and continents.