PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standards of training/english
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 03:30
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'OS' apologies you being a pilot also means you have to not only put up with it whilst grounded but deal with it in a manor to secure yr ass!

As much as I hate to say this my IFR cousins are just as bad also at R/T phrases with not saying what's expected & adding stuff that's not relevant etc but at the very least they get across comments that are of importance (no excuse though I know) it's the 'farmer brown' pilots that are a danger to themselves & the rest of us. 'Farmer brown' is just a phraseology, not meant to be directed at the primary producers of this great country.
EDUCATION is the only way to stamp out this problem, but the only trouble is that the 'students' as such have already left school & the new ones are simply not being taught correctly in the first place! Discipline has gone right out the window!
Quite a while back now I had to 'go-around' at EN due to a foreign student pilot was having all sorts of truobles reading back an airways clearance to the twr & the ATC guy couldn't get a clear transmission in to advise me of a ldg clearance. How did this student get to this stage without being corrected by his/her instructor somewhere long the way of their training?

'RS' written coms are irrelevant here.

Wmk2