PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 21st Jan 2009, 18:14
dublin_eire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I planned on 4 engine failures at V1 and 4 go-arounds and 4 diversions and 4 evacuations not because I'm miserable. A professional pragmatically plans. They don't just shrug and whistle Always Look On The Bright Side whilst hoping for the best.
And then you call me a moron..... Very professional!

I'd love to know your credentials in the field of economics WWW. I'm just heeding the warning below about sciolists, I fear you're most likely one of them!

Recessions are also very good things. From an ordinary joe-soap point of view goods are better value, it's easier to start up businesses(so I've heard), margins of retailers are cut back to the benefit of the consumer, companies cut out unnecessary costs and improve performance/production, house prices come down and demand related price goods such as oil and other commodities come down too.

It's not all bad guys. Part of the natural economic cycle. It will make us better at the end of it all.

I'm a big critic of the lack of personal finance education. People should be educated to deal better with bad times and not expect to have a job all their life whether that be the result of recession or illness. Personal responsibility and development if you will.