PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2002, 21:28
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without wishing to get embroiled in this whole arguement, can I just insert some hard facts as regards the ex-CFE flight crew:

Firstly, as regards to our future prospects. To echo White Knight, we have been told precisely nothing about what will be happening to us. To be sure, there is plenty of rumour control, but we have recieved no information from management whatsoever. Which frankly, given that a key point in the FS&S briefing was 'regular communication from management', is deplorable. Not only has no information been forthcoming, but nobody will even suggest a timescale for when that situation might change. Pathetic.

My limited understanding of these things is that how we are handled depends on how the demise / move of the RJ is classified, as apparently different rules apply. So when Bidding closed (coincidentally today) we don't even know what set of rules we are bidding under. Pathetic.

Secondly, once again the myth that CFE paid poorly. I can state absolutely categorically that many of us require personal differentials to prop up our salary to BA levels. The pay is frozen (which in real terms means a gradual paycut) until BA payscales catch up. In mine and several other cases, demise of our training roles (as the functions transfer to Cranebank) now leaves us with a lower salary in absolute terms. In my case thats quite substantial, although I will admit that it is protected for a year. But in 12 months time, and for another 2 or 3 years therafter, my basic will be less that it was at CFE. Fortunately, better allowances will make good most of the shortfall, but the cost of those allowances is having to do multiple day tours.

And of course, I can expect a drop in those allowances once I am kicked out of the LHS as now appears inevitable.

So basically as far as I'm concerned BA can take their wonderful conditions and insert them in a place where there is a distinct lack of incoming solar radiation. Sideways. Minus vaseline.

Happy Teddy.

Last edited by Capt Pit Bull; 16th Apr 2002 at 17:28.