PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Decision
Thread: Bad Decision
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 12:28
Logitech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Decision

This is for all of you wondering if you should pay for a TR or not.

I completed an integrated course last July and like everyone else I found it tough to get an interview let alone a job. I did get one though and I passed the interview. I was pleased as I didn't have to go to the bank again and look for a large sum of money for a TR as the company employ a three year bond with a monthly deduction from your salary.
However, here is the problem I knew starting out the a/c type I'd be flying and I knew I wanted something bigger and faster but I didn't want to splash out another 30k on a TR. So I took the job, the a/c is old, slow and very very basic, it has an MTOW of 13000lbs.
Now I'm in the middle of my TR on it and this morning I spent an hour or so sitting in it going through the checklists. The a/c was parked in a large hangar, in that hangar lay two MRJT a/c awaiting maintenance, a 737-800 and a 319-132. I suddenly realised how depressing it was sitting in the a/c I was in and wishing I had waited for a job with a jet a/c.
Of course I'm glad I have a job as I know people can't get jobs but this isn't about that, it's about choices.
If you are of similar character as myself don't settle for something you know you don't want to fly, wait for the opportunity to arise and fly something you have always wanted to fly.