PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking children in your own plane - divorced parents
Old 21st Jan 2009, 12:13
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking children in your own plane - divorced parents

I am divorced and my children are now 12 and 10

In Holland both parents remain full parents with parental rights and obligations after a divorce. There is no such thing as a higher authority between the two.

In theory it means both parents after their divorce should make efforts to agree on the key issues in education such as school choices, home moves etc.
Apart from these key joint decisions each parents has the rights and obligations when the kids are under his/her control for the day to day affairs.

In my case my ex is afraid of flying and we have not managed to find a reasonable way of agreeing things regarding the kids.

So I was told "I was not allowed" to take them flying, although of course it is not her decision to make.

Nevertheless, I did not take them up, simply because I would have to walk on eggs and at the same time, I felt they were too young to enjoy it anyway and I still wanted to get better at what I do in the air.

Do more (divorced) parents have issues between them about taking the kids flying and how have they dealt with this?