PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it that make ground Engineers dislike Pilots ?
Old 20th Jan 2009, 05:37
Heracles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Be VERY careful here HoldShort.
I've gladly just lurked here, until I read this post. I submit, sir, that YOUR Engineers do not dislike pilots, they may instead dislike YOU.
Myself,, I'm "just an engineer",, a monkey with a wrench, a cog in your big machine. Except,, this monkey has 14000 flying hours,, 337 COMBAT flying hours,, 300 + COMBAT SUPPORT hours,, flight engineer qualified on no less than 6 aircraft in 3 seperate catagories. I've flown, bag dragged, drank, grazed buffets, drank, whor* hopped, knee walked, played vampire for the "back side of the clock"' on 6 of this planet's 7 continents. I've sweated check rides with waaay tooo anal check airmen,, hell, I was! a check airman on 3 different ships for 2 different airlines.
I, sir, can say "nothing from the minibar" in 7 languages. lol

I also speak fluent 747,, cuz i flew them, as well as "round motors". I now deal with "aerospace gods" from no less than 3 airlines on a daily basis; sure there are individuals that don't play well. But by and large EVERY Capt, FO, and SO that I deal with is an open, honest, and at the core, professional... And recognizes me as the same. I just chose to stop chasing a job around the planet,, and to go to bed at night, in the same bed, with the same woman.
Cheers, good luck on your chosen vocation.