PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 18th Jan 2009, 21:17
Pax Vobiscum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, Seat62K, but unless Ryanair make a drastic change to their (very successful) business model, you won't find them flying to Barcelona or any other major airport, where they would face substantial landing fees. Often their current destinations actually subsidise their flying in an effort to build themselves up as an international destination (and when the subsidy stops, Ryanair tend to disappear).

Advertising these flights under the name of a (somewhat) local, more attractive destination does strike many people as sharp practice - though I'm sure Mr O'Leary doesn't lose much sleep over this, any more than over his "which part of 'no refunds' did you not understand?" approach to customer service.

I'm sure to the seasoned travellers who read PPRuNe, this is all very obvious and, so long as you understand exactly what you're buying, Ryanair can provide excellent value for money. My experience of them has been on time, new, clean planes and a very cheap ticket. What's not to like?