PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2002, 22:33
what's it doing now?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, I would like hold out an olive branch to our BACE colleagues who DO indeed work very hard and offer a good, safe service. The problems that we of BAR have are not our fellow pilots who, like ourselves, are mere pawns in the game that is called BA. We are all just trying to earn a living. The changes that are taking place in the regions are golden opportunities for BACE people and I can't blame them for taking them. So I don't think it's right that we play into management's hands and squabble amongst ourselves.

I hope that BALPA can work out a deal which allows us all to work where we want, on the aircraft we want. I see no need for BA pilots to have a pay cut. I see every need for BACE pilots to get a pay rise. Same job and responsibility so same pay.

The same goes for the cabin crew. Although BAR do have a few who have fossilized on a 6 and 3 pattern for far too long, eating bacon sandwiches in the crew room at BA's expense and then complaining about how hard done by they are, a large majority (not large because of too much bacon mind you), are a credit to their uniform. Why shouldn't all the cabin crew receive equal remuneration?

The engineers are another group who are suffering. BAR's engineers are largely cutting grass at MAN or staffing the telephone call centre now. Surely we can come together and use these highly skilled people to great advantage for the airline. We owe them that much after their care over the years, in keeping us all safe.

I guess that all I am trying to say is let's work together as best we can. Be civil and realize that we are all doing the best we can under difficult circumstances. RJ100 people particularly may have to move to the regions and BAR people may/will move south (and contrary to popular belief, we don't want to move, big jets or not).

I don't know how productive this submission will be, but I for one, and I know of many more, hold no grudges against the BACE pilots/cabin crew/engineers et al.