PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Service
Thread: BA Service
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2009, 10:45
Scumbag O'Riley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's almost as if it thinks that however badly it treats its customers, the strength of the brand means that they will return
Actually I don't think the brand is that good anymore, when I talk to people about BA the responses are mainly negative.

I think BA have managed to convince 'the powers that be' that they are essential to UK PLC and so they are somewhat protected from some of the commercial realities that other UK based airlines are subject too. Since VS forced their way into LHR they have become somewhat pampered too. Of course, other countries protect their airlines as well. But while BA are permitted to essentially have monopoly powers permitted at LHR they will never have to truly compete.

What is telling is that BA have totally failed to use their position to dominate the regional loco market.

Anyway, if I was to dump an airline for one or two failures of service I would never fly anywhere. One has to be pragmatic and pay as little as possible for your ticket when you do use them.

Would have been interested in what a judge had to say about this one, the problem is there is essential information missing and only BA could provide it. I suspect that would be difficult if not impossible to achieve.