PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2002, 20:31
brain fade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand.
Maybe i'm missing a trick here, and if so please explain. It seems to me that it was British Airways who created the franchises and not the franchise holders. the reason BA did this was so that routes which they could not make money on themselves (amongst the reasons for which is he large sums paid to (for example) BAR in salaries and of course allowances) could continue to be operated and maybe even make a buck for the lower cost franchise operator. roger so far?
Now that BA is even deeper in the doo-doo than it previously was, the steps it must take to stay in business are getting more extreme and its difficult to criticise them for getting BACE which lets face it, is very much part of BA now, to operate more and more aircraft and routes.
At least no one is getting 'let go' from the flight deck whereas there are large numbers of people around who are ex BA and looking for a new job. That could change if things don't improve.
While I understand where you are coming from, I don't think you can expect a lot of sympathy outside of BA. Could i just ask you tho' do you think BACE is too cheap? or do you think maybe you guys and gals are maybe just a bit too dear?