PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Staff Travel upgrades..
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2002, 19:37
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok - lets finish this here!!!!

Firstly neutral99 - if you read the rest of this thread carefully you'll find my better half is in fact a first officer and if I if I had a chip on my shoulder against pilots I can assure you she would kick me swiftly into touch - also she'd probably withdraw certain "privilages" that no man should have withdrawn. Your right about how well these poffesionals are trained, and that they deserve every pound they earn. I admire them all for what they can do - I would have liked to become a pilot myself however my eyesight isn't up to standard. Also read my post in the cabin crew forum "A Plea to all C/C - F/A's! Please read" if you or anyone else are still in any doubt of my attitude towards pilots that should clear it up!!!

Secondly Recover some of the things I've said seem to have been taken the wrong way. I wouldn't tell a pilot "where to go" in those words, that was bravdo on my part, but also, I trully think I would never be put in that position at EFG anyway because we don't work like that! We all get along, we all have a great time, I love the people, and I love working there.

Like I said I know my role and I know the Cap is in charge. I certainly know PSR at EFG is not lofty and I have do dellusions of grandure!!! Considering I am being paid less than my more junior collegues who have transferred to the "golden runways" at the moment I also know where I stand in the greater scheme of things at B.A. as well (Pretty much nowhere!!). But that's another story and not why I do the job, and not what we're talking about here.

The thread subject is clear and I did offer to chat about this off of this site to resolve our differences. Hopefully we can get together soon downroute and chat about this over a few beers?

I upgrade people because I'm trying to improve a few peoples days, I hate to see catering go to waste, and we might just get a few pull paying pax coming back for more. Whatever YOU want me to do LET ME KNOW. I certainly don't want to upset you if it matters that much to you, after all your in charge (not being sarcastic there - just honest).

If I have to face the "spanish inquisition" and face the horrors of "the comfy chair" that's my problem. I think I've seen enough posts on this site to see what people think of B.A. management I'm not much different. I care about the PAX paying my wages simple as that!

Lets leave it there (EVERYONE!!!!). Look forward to seeing you on-line.

Back to "Staff travel upgrades" LOL!!!!!!

Here's a picture of everyones favourite non-executive director anyway to lighten the mood!!!

Last edited by Shadowpurser; 14th Apr 2002 at 20:20.