PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Cadet Outcomes
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 18:12
LessThanSte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thats my current idea to sign up and get through the first few stages of the Cityjet scheme and then hold out for it actually becoming properly available again, especially given that im at uni until July. That also gives me plenty of time to think about and plan where id get the money from.

With regards to the Cadet scheme though, im wondering if CTC would do the same as with the Cityjet scheme i.e. if they dont have any 'partners' who actually need a pilot or two (and would thus not be placing the vast majority of their students), then dont actually start anyone on the course until such time as there is. But then again, that could be suicide for the company when there are no funds coming in on a regular basis (but then again, i guess much of training costs are only actually incured to the company when people are training (for example wear and tear on aircraft, instructor fees etc)).

I still dont understand the security bond scheme though, if your required to arrange it yourself, and its something i would like to talk to them about if and when i head down to Southampton.

On a completely unrelated note, what are peoples thoughts on training, incorporated style, in the US? Much the same as over here in terms of job/placement availability?