PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 16th Jan 2009, 17:09
SiLLyMonKeY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ungauged
are you a singapore PR/malaysian citizen?

@sonic69
i don't think i'm that easily discouraged. even now, there are people around me encouraging me to pursue other careers instead, for they fear i will not get a good pilot job after paying through my nose for the licence. but i still hold some hope for the future of choosing this route full of sacrifices.

thanks for your comments and advice though. i've been following this thread and i appreciate your efforts in being as unbiased and as constructive as possible.

you have brought up a good point about opportunity cost. if the difference is indeed 10 months then it is significant. i will do some cost analysis and see if sfc is a good option for me. i don't know if their office is open on saturday; otherwise i will ring them up for course fees on monday. if anybody here knows the latest accurate course fee pls update us. thanks. does the fee include everything like accomodation and the flights to australia?

either way i'm also going to pop by mfa just after CNY to check them out. hopefully get hold of some students and instructors to find out more from them. probably post some of my findings here for the benefit of other interested singaporeans.

oh btw, i note that CAAS 'recognizes' malaysian licence as being more in compliance with our local standards and hence 'more convertible'. is it true vice versa as well? does malaysia similarly treat the singapore licence? i note that SFC does not publish any instructor licence course on their webbie, and hence wonder if there is a possible path for an SFC graduate to go to say MFA, to go through the AFI course to become a flight instructor there.