PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why is it that....
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 13:19
Dash7Ace
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question why is it that....

... all the credit seems to be showered upon the bloke on the left seat while the chap on the right seat seems to be almost left at sea, when it comes to incidents/accidents like the hudson issue today?
by all means it is a two man operation to start with and what is so shocking to note, is that hardly anything was mentioned about the first officer, or the senior first officer in this case as it may have been.
all credit to the 4 bars and given the circumstances i guess it was down to out of the box, cut the crap short kind of stuff and they must have gone with their gut so as to speak.
still not clear as to who was the pilot handling/flying or what ever airbooos calls it, and i think any mention of the crew should definitely include the F/O or the SF/O as well. it was nice and refreshing to hear the skipper of the BA 777 that went on a glide and cut the grass, mention not only his senior first officer who was handling pilot , but also the first officer on safety/relief duty who was on the jumpseat, at the press briefing after the fiasco.
truly shows the class and professionalism of the skipper and i would think the same must have applied here in this case as well.
but the press as always, and the campers at the back at most, almost always congradulate and cheer and mention of the captain or the pilot, as opposed to both the guys up the pointy end.
must be properly addressed to these clowns that, in an airline environment it is not just the 4 bars that take the cake but the 3 or 2 bars next to it as well, since its a one for all all for one mentality that we have been grilled with.
hope this wasn't long and by no means sour grapes here or anything, but just wanted to get your views and imputs into this rather forgotten side of things so as to put it...
all yours guys...and 2 thumbs up to the crew, on a textbook watery ditching with a postcard watery picture