PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar A330-300 in the Grass at CDG
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 13:47
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a load of rubbish!

Before this tread turns into a "rotten egg throwing contest" once more I just wanted to put in this:

This could have happened to everyone! Certainly if the Wx conditions where as described before! CDG is a difficult place, especially during the taxi phase.

Astronaut pilots are a product of someone's mind and do not actually exist in real life!

That goes as well for the Qatari second officers! Qatari 001, your remark about second officer training is totally wrong as far as I am concerned. A jet is jet???? Who made you believe that one?
Some companies indeed do have second officers start on a widebody jet BUT...(to name a few)

CX has them flying on the jumpseat for almost 2 years before they can even touch the controls below FL200!

SIA has a training program which includes almost 35 hours in a learjet before they can come near to any of their planes!

EK has a very extensive training program including lots of JS rides as well!

None of these airlines mentioned here have a single aisle fleet to train their cadets on so they have no other option. I am sure if they would have A320s they would use that fleet to train them on ISO an A330 or B777!

So for QR to even think that the Qatari second officers, coming straight from that joke they call a college with 200hrs under their belts, would be well off starting their careers on the A330 was a huge mistake from the beginning! Not only have they been fooling the SOs themselves, they have been putting the whole operation in danger by doing so! And all this because of an ego question??? Nice one!

Its always a good idea to wait for the final outcome of an investigation before you start shooting down colleagues!

Training department in this airline DOES need lots of attention still.

The JED incident has nothing to do with this at all!

If the disciplinary actions where as they are described over-here, once more this airline shows it is still in its infantile stage in aviation! Witch hunting has been abandoned by most major and self-respecting players in the field, but here it remains the favorite pass-time of the powers in place!

Thats all folks....GT awaits me!

Last edited by Qatari515; 15th Jan 2009 at 14:12.