PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10000ft in a Warrior
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 03:40
Mark1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps!

Islander - if rough air were to become a problem, pull them in! Do you perform a flapless approach if it's a bit bumpy?
Fright level - the whole point is a little extra drag allows some extra power while still descending. Cooling is a function of airflow (airpseed), and engine power, nothing else.

If you're actually going somewhere, a high ROD would be bad airmanship - why not use a cruise descent and get there faster. But really, if the whole point is to go to 10k, it's negotiable. Personally I don't buy the 500fpm thing - why do they bother building unpressurised a/c that can climb better than 500fpm? *My* ears don't have a problem at any ROD I've managed to achieve, even spinning. That will vary person to person, I suspect 500fpm is based on the very lowest common denominator. Obviously with pax you keep it sensible.

Kinda sorry I mentioned it...

Originally Posted by englishal
Honestly, 10k is not a big deal in pretty much any aeroplane....They used to think that if you drove over 30 MPH you'd die - but you don't. Same goes for flying "little" aeroplanes at 10,000 feet, they will all do it ok (unless they are fcuk'd). You have nothing to worry about
Amen! Appart from maybe keeping an eye out for the signs of hypoxia, and heading down PDQ (nevermind the shock cooling) if they manifest.