PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Cadet Outcomes
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 18:29
LessThanSte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC Cadet Outcomes

Hello chaps!

Been browsing around this forum and various other sites for a week or two now and finally getting towards the stage where i actually want to do something. I have a trial lesson planned at RAF Cosford with Wrekin Gliding Club on Saturday, taking a copy of the eyesight specs to the optician in the next week or so when i have an eye test to check that im ok with the JAA medical, and am shortly looking to arrange a visit to a couple of FTO's.

Reading around suggests that the CTC Cadet program is one of the best. However, having read various other bits and bobs it also appears that there is a large holding pool post training between passing the course and getting a proper job with an airline.

This leads me to some questions. Firstly, with regard to the partner airlines, how many of those accepted onto the course actually end up being placed with a partner airline during the course and going straight into work? Secondly, post training what is the typical time between finishing studies and finding a job with an airline (seems to be a degree of scaremongering with regard to this)? Thirdly, what kind of numbers typically finish the course and then struggle, and possibly ultimately fail to find a job with an airline?

With regard to the above, i gather that the idea of the course is such that you are placed with a company during your studies (or the 8 or 9 partner airlines they have) which then goes to a job following completion. Is it such that the people currently waiting around in a holding pool are those that have been partnered with a particular airline but following completion are not, as such, needed anymore by the company they were partnered with (presumably in the short term!)?

How does all of this above compare with other companies (for example OAA/Cabair)?

If anyone can fill me in on some of the above points it would be much appreciated. Im sure theres many more questions to come before i commit to anything (i havnt even begun my series of questions on financing just yet), but il sort this out for now.

Steve