PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swissport Redundancies at bhx
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 11:41
Trash_Hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Its true I am prob going to go next month after 7 yrs of service its thank you very much and goodbye!!!. Load controllers to do the monarchs and then L/C the flybe's dual role saves money but what you cant beat is experience.
I find that to be absolutely disgusting.

Are we talking baggage loading Team Leaders? If so, do Swissport management have a complete and utter disregard for the role of the dispatcher (and flight safety for that matter)? Who is going to supervise the turnaround whilst the TL is loading the bags? Who is going to answer the flight deck's operational related questions? Who is going to chase up cleaners. de=icing, fuellers and catering? Who is going to monitor the turnaround ensuring on time performance and making sure that departure and airborne slots are not missed? If there is a problem with the load sheet, is the TL going to be able to fix it there on the spot or will we further delay aircraft whilst some guy back in the office runs out? What if the systems go down? Who does the manual L/S?

Who exactly ARE Swissport management? Me thinks bean counters or arselickers instead of experienced professionals! A poor poor decision if you ask me!