PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sex and the Naval Aviator - Video
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 21:16
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex and the Naval Aviator - Video

Hi all,

Although this looks like a raunchy thread - regrettably, it is not.....boo hiss yah!

'Sex and the Naval Aviator' was the title given to a couple of 'human factors' presentations given by Capt Frank Dully, a US Naval flight surgeon. Dully was the one who coined the term 'failing aviator' (amongst others) and is often thought of as one of the 'founding fathers' of human factors/CRM; his insightful approach and observations are most thought-provoking.

Does anyone know from where I can get a copy of these presentations? I believe there are 2 talks, each about 55 mins long, which were given to US flight crews in 1980s.

The videos are mentioned on the Transport Canada's website for HF/CRM video resources but, sadly, they say they no longer have copies. I have also tried RAF/Mil Flight Safety bods at Northolt -no answer. Any leads gratefully received.

please PM me if req'd

flipster

ps Many ex mil crews out there will have seen the well-received video 'The Failing Aviator' which is delivered along the same lines (this time, given by a USAF Lt Col) but it is based on Frank Dully's work.