PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 12:56
MKA742

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys

I thought I'dd shed some more light.

Ive been in Windhoek since the 6th now. And it's been going great.
I found a great place to stay, full board with tv and pool for 100 NAD per night.
The day I got here I called Scenic and they asked me for an interview straight away. All went well and yesterday I did the required psychometric test at a practitioners house. Im waiting for the results now. If I pass there is another interview and then I need to get my 210 rating. The fastest and cheapest way is to do it in SA and do the exam with a DE (directorate examiner) for both SA and Namib. But this guy (Robert Robertson) has had a hip opertion and is out for 2 months. The long and expensive way is do the rating here at West Air. I might be doing that. After training on the right seat for 20 hours and flying PIC for at least 10 hours on empty flights you can sign the 12 month contract.
Scenic hired 2 Sweeds and 2 French last year, and are now looking for a few more. Myself, a person from SA and recently another Sweed are applying.

Yesterday I called Sefofane but they said they hired alot of pilots end of last year and now have 25. The bookings are down for this season so they might already have too many pilots.

For a detailed report visit my blog. PM me and I will give you the link.

Dont try Bay Air cause they only have 1900's. Wings over africa is not recommended.

All the best