PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair no longer hiring former employees?
Old 13th Jan 2009, 04:59
The Potter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back on Thread

Ladies & Gentlemen please, let's try to keep this topic on thread. I left FR three years ago. No, not because of a 'hardon' for a 777 (or in my case a 747) but because of the chance to further my career & if anything a 'hardon' for cash & what I thought would be a better lifestyle. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time so far, seen the world, lived in another country & got a great deal out of flying trans oceanic. I would look at returning to Ryanair when my current contract expires in 12 months, because when all is said & done there is a lot to be said for sleeping in your own bed at night!

I had just become a captain with FR when I left. I told them that I had been interviewed for my present position & that if I got the job I would leave them, however, Ryanair still put me on a command course. I believe they felt that once I had completed it I would stay put in STN. When I handed in my resignation to PB he wished me the best of luck, & said that I would be welcome back in the future should I want to return. Then the SH 1 T hit the fan at Dublin HQ: they started to demand bonding back for the command course etc. So here's my question...would I be able to get my job back with Ryanair or do they have long memories? I was honest with them & at first I left with their blessing. Admin got involved & spoiled what should have been an amicable parting.

As far as working for Ryanair, I found them to have a solid set of SOPs, the best I've come across, & if you did your job you got a stable roster & you were paid well twice a month. The flying was always fun & it was generally a good bunch of people to operate with, just getting on with things. So please, I don't need a lecture on the pitfalls of the company. Any useful information would be greatly appreciated.