PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA - be careful!
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2002, 19:17
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 57 quid for Radio lic renewal must be the biggest rip off.

I have also noticed as well that the wording has been changed for the initial lic issue for cpl.

"including initial type and instrument rating"

if this means you have to pay 100 quid for the MEP class to be issued its a pretty crafty way of bumping up the cost of cpl/ MEP IR issue by 100 quid.

To be honest i have had nothing but civil replys from the front desk and no problems from medical either ( I wonder if you could pay a fiver extra to garantee the Irish nurse). But i should imagine that due to the rules imposed by the managers about exam sitting, the front desk get alot of grief from rather pissed off punters. After 4 hours of getting flak about things you have no control over is bound to ware even the most considerate person down.

BTW after seeing Oxfords exam hall and sitting exams at Gatwick and Glasgow. The Glasgow venue has alot going for it. The accom in the halls is very reasonably priced and includes an evening meal. And in the exam hall you get 2 desks to work on which makes life an awful lot easier when doing map and CAP work.
Although it may not be the best option if the world bagpiping championships are being held on Glasgow Green

MJ