PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 12th Jan 2009, 18:47
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say that this would have to be my favourite thread, an opportunity to visit many parts of the world, just by clicking to the next frame, also the diversity and skill of the rotary proponents worldwide is revealed for all to see.

I have thought at times who does it best? Hmmm.

Amongst hundreds of excellent material;
Big Mike is way up there, travels widely with a clear lens, gets the personal touch quite well,
Ned of course is the supremo, a professional, roving the world with a clearness umparalelled, often has the machine expressing its own maliscious intent with exciting unpredictabilaty, and can capture movement in animals which is bloody hard to do, and BTW thanks for the latest calender Ned its excellent.
But blender, now he is a special case, a good clear lens, an eye for detail, his photos remind me of one of our old adages oft heard around the traps, which goes like this, 'if something bad hasn't happened then it may be-----etc.
This undpredicability should be a long suit in any capable display pilot and is found in his lens.
as below;

If something bad hasn't .........??????

The only caution for blender is, if you're having T/R problems with this model, then don't be too quick to chop the throttle.