PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair no longer hiring former employees?
Old 12th Jan 2009, 13:38
frogone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stansdead, I was actually getting at this:

"The problem with many of us that got our commands with Ryanair is that they allowed us to believe that we knew what we were doing"

Now anyone who got their command in Ryanair, and thus thought they know everything, should be removed from the left seat. Especially if they think they know everything about long haul ops, of which there's nada in Ryanair.

Do I personally know anything about long haul ops? No, nor do I claim to, and yes I'm sure it's interesting learning the ropes. Conversely, if a long haul pilot came to Ryanair, I'm sure he'd find it interesting too, and he might learn a thing or too as well.

Healthcare? I have my own.

Pensions, no I don't have one of those, nor will I bother with one. I had a close friend in the states work in an airline for 17 years, and then it went bust...started again from the bottom, eventually got his command (again) and then lost his pension as many did in the US.

But I certainly wouldn't get lulled into a false sense of security that I know it all once you gain your command, I've found that's when you’re most vulnerable.

IR