PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cross channel check out!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2009, 14:55
Duchess_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LH2....

No I'm not the CFI of the school concerned......

Do people not read......????? I said in my opening line...

and although I don't know which 'club' you went to I'm sure that they will approach the situation with an even handed view.

Then...

Firstly, their toys, their rules! If it were my investment you were taking across water into a foreign airfield you'd be convincing me you knew exactly what you were talking about and handling everything I asked you to do on the club checkout with ease, probably before I'd asked you to do it!

and, of course, you're right.....your money, your choice. Spend it where you want.

That would of course either be shared costs, or the person accompanying gets a free lunch in France, depending on who logs the hours... but paying someone to go with you? Sorry but in my book that counts as a rip-off.

Your argument has holes in it.....not paying someone, but buying them lunch...?

Remember it's a club we're talking about--it's supposed to be a social thing, not a business.

Is it...????? I work for a flying school, run as a business. We run CC checks. People expect everything for nothing these days. My boss has to show a profit or the 'nice, clean, functioning aeroplanes' that people hire won't be that way for long. £114 per hour for London...that's good. £20 per hour for an instructor, that's very good!

I can just see it now....Little Johnny goes off to L2K unbriefed and unchecked with a freshly minted PPL (which, of course he is entitled to do!) and something terrible happens - who would you all be pointing the finger at?

There was much hooting and bleeting recently because a CFI let a pilot depart into known IMC with terrible consequences. When schools take a responsible attitude and exercise a 'duty of care' we are accused of profiteering!

Make up your minds!