PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar A330-300 in the Grass at CDG
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2009, 10:00
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I know is that I have been flying in and out CDG for over 15 years in all sorts of weather conditions and in all sorts of airplanes (bigger and smaller than the A333).

CDG airport is very good at handling all kinds of adverse weather conditions and I have never seen taxiway surfaces slippery enough to make my main landing gear slide!

I do not know either which turn exactly this could have happend knowing the RWY he landed on and the stand he was going to besides the fact that a turn-in was misjudged!

Its easy....if it realy would have been that slippery wouldnt it have been the nosewheel that would have skidded of the TWY when trying to turn?

Sorry guys, everybody can make mistakes and this very much includes myself, but I smell a cover up here of a judgmental error.

The pilot himself can not even be blamed for this...QR TRNG department is to be blamed! They do not care at all wether their crews are proficient or not when sending them into cold WX ops! All they care about is the legality of the recurrent training so they blindly follow the 6 months recurrent program!

This means that a newly hired inexperienced captain can do his first LPC/OPC in september following the summer program, than fly the whole winter to Europe without ANY training after which he will do his winter recurrent somewhere in March, for the first time experiencing cold WX training!

This problem has been reported to the training department but all of the stars and stripes in there turn a deaf ear!

5 star airline with 1/2 star training!

Maybe the NSW tiller was slippery?