PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 7th Jan 2009, 16:09
Parson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GSB,

I haven't read enough relevant posts to form a view on whether FTOs paint a glossy picture or not but the fact is they are businesses who need cash to survive.

The have an obligation to their staff and shareholders to return a profit and keep them employed. Some may entice their clients (ie students) with the promise of job placement, contacts etc. but the bottom line is they train you for a license and that's it. Anything else is a bonus.

If you don't want to spend your cash, you don't have to you. But if FTOs do put a spin on the current climate to try and stay afloat, well good luck to them - that's business and you get it in every industry.

You're having a pop at Alex, but I've always found him to be positive and encouraging to wanabees and from what I've seen, he has only been stating facts to support his case.

There are some FTO staff who post on here anonymously - if they are deliberately misleading, you can't legislate for that and you just have to accept that it may happen on a forum like this. Anyone with half an ounce of wit will do some thorough research before splasing their cash.

P