PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 7th Jan 2009, 15:14
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully understand what Alex is saying... got it a long time ago. Will be interesting to have the discussion when either Ryanair or Easy passenger growth goes negative.... + I assume that you are stripping out GB airways acquisition (complete end of Jan) from your 7% growth yoy at Easy to get to an underlying number... oooh you weren't?? But GB were moving c200-250kk people a month... ex that 200-250k there would have been negative growth in underlying passenger numbers in Nov and no growth in Dec... there are lies damn lies and statistics.... ... my issue is that the numbers you quote can be miss-leading to some wanabees.... I have no problem with you openly saying wanabees should be cautious... (which of course helps your (very good) modular school at the expense of integrated).

The problem is that even Easy and ryanairs growth is slowing significantly and they will also be cannibalising legacy carriers.

Bottom line there are very few/no jobs out there for wanabees. Even highly levered airlines that go bust put experienced pilots on the market. Gaining comfort from Alex's numbers is folly. If you disagree please list the airlines that are likely to hire low hour wanabees in the next 12 months??

Recruitment requirement in the spring.... I look forward to a few people on CTC's new "flexi scheme" getting thrown a bone for a 6 month stint on £1k a month.... then put back in the queue at the job centre

To say FTOs don't paint a glossy picture... well we will just have to disagree on that.