PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2009, 22:02
colourblindgeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It aint over!

Chucky

Look at this as the beginning - not the end. Welcome to the Club! Where roses are green, violets are red and we are all white with envy towards those with the ability to pass ishihara plates.

Let me be clear. The above is a joke. I can see red, green, white, yellow and blue as clearly as my Flying Instructor when we are in the sky. He cant understand why I am classed as unsafe!

There are a few (understatement!) people here waiting to hear about the so-called CAD test. This is the one developed by City Uni that has been sitting at the CAA for many months. It was due to be available from November 2008 but despite many attempts for a date, it still remains a complete mystery to the point of being imaginery.

I hope to god that your comment about awaiting City Approval was incorrect as the rest of us have all been led to believe that City have done their bit and are simply waiting for the CAA to approve it.

But when?

So they said that it will soon be available. Get back to them my friend. Ask them for a release date for that new test. They've given you half the information but as usual its a "we'll see".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We will all happily support you through this dilema. There are other options still for you. Spectrolux, FAA. You could even go to City Uni to get a really good understanding of your CVD. With CVD you can still work in the industry.

I know I'm absolutely borderline, but need to do the Spectrolux again in the hope that my 23/24 becomes 24/24. That involves a £200 round trip to Zurich.

But get back to the CAA first. When is the CAD test due?

Good luck

Let the pink mist come down and use your anger to show your orange side.