PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2009, 04:47
chksatis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customer Contracts

Yes i agree HAGF!!!

You are right there, the SIT and BIT with all the redundancies and people movements over the last couple of years has left us prob a bit short to take all the customer work back anyway, once the A380 crew is dispersed and the SIT start handling the A380 thats prob going to put even more pressure on manpower and i would say they will prob never employ at the SIT for at least the next 5 years.

The way the CEG contracts were managed, were inefficient to say the least (especially at the SIT), probably there needs to be a project team set up to try and effectively run them better, but that would need to be done by people on the floor rather than management. BIT is a problem as there station was effectively run by CEG contracts as they only have 5-6 QF flights a day, so what is going to happen there....who knows.

But there are still some contracts heading back and i'm sure once things return to normal we will start seeing some of the others returning, it's a new year and will bring so new suprises i'm sure.