PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2009, 14:13
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamier
I know someone who was supposed to be on that flight and missed an onward connection(China Airlines) and, as usual, KLM were less than helpful. They sent her to AMS on the next flight but wouldn't put her on the evening KLM flight to BKK, just talk to the hand. I thought they were obliged to use the quickest route in these cases. She had to find accommodation in Amsterdam.
They put her on today's flight with China and when she checked in they said you don't have a booking for today either, just on the reserve list and no guarantee of getting on. I was doing the reverse trip and was going to meet her briefly at AMS as it is her first long haul but when I phoned to see what was happening she hadn't a clue what part of the airport she was in and, again, trying to talk to KLM was just talk to the hand.
Yet another person whose first trip with KLM is their last. I'm still not sure if she got on.
And as for the NCL to AMS, can they not use all planes that can take standard cabin luggage. What's with all this "you must leave trolley luggage at the bottom of the stairs". What are we supposed to do with laptops, fragile presents we have carefully packed to take to relatives etc??? Pull them all out and have loads of seperate bags bashing all over the lockers???
Definitely the worst airline in the world.